"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Bearings and Paint

Above, the mini bike. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning, I painted the black portion of the Mustang's front bumper. It was looking a bit grungy, so I went ahead to spruce it up.

I'll do the rear bumper at a later date.

While I was sitting in the garage listening to the radio, Nandoh came over on his Harley. At first, I thought it was a helicopter flying low over the area, but as I walked towards the front of the garage, I then recognized the distinctive Harley engine noise.

Above, letting the sun dry the bumper. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

He came over to help me with the Coleman 196cc Extreme Mini Bike. A week or so ago, the chain came off as I was riding it. I thought that all I needed to do was to loosen the sprocket, put chain back on and tighten it again.

But as we disassembled it, we found the cause of the chain coming off: the bearings on the left side went out. Only one ball bearing remained. Looks like I lost the majority of the ball bearings on East Blue Cedar Loop, where the problem arose.

Fortunately, as the mini bike is still under warranty since I bought it in June, Coleman should provide replacement bearings. I will call them tomorrow while I am at the cardiologist's office.

Oh, well. Such is life.

No comments:

Search This Blog