"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, October 4, 2019

Driving In Six Mile Canyon

Above, in Six Mile Canyon yesterday. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since the Six Mile Canyon area of Cibola National Forest will be closed on December 15 (according to a sign at the entrance) for the winter, I figured that I'd better get more Jeep driving in there while I still can. So I went there yesterday afternoon.

My original plan was to take the road to McGaffey and back. Unfortunately, there were work crews on the road and I decided to forego the longer drive.

Above, in Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Also, workers put a thick layer of rocks on the road that were about 2-3 inches in diameter. That didn't make driving any easier. The Jeep handled the road okay, but the rocks would cause the Jeep to slide around. They would really make driving by motorcyclists even more difficult. I have no idea why they put a thick layer of rocks of that size on the road.

Above, taking a break. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I went into the canyon for about three miles and stopped and turned around and headed back. I made a stop at the Flying J before going home.

It was a good thing I went driving there yesterday, it is rainy out today.

No comments:

Search This Blog