"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Bernie Sanders's Health Scare: Been There, Done That

Above, Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Senator Bernie Sanders, age 78, had a health scare this week, similar to what I went through a year ago.

The Associated Press reported:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Bernie Sanders’ campaign said Wednesday that the Democratic presidential candidate had a heart procedure for a blocked artery and was canceling events and appearances “until further notice.” 
The 78-year-old Vermont senator experienced chest discomfort during a campaign event Tuesday and sought medical evaluation. Two stents were “successfully inserted,” and Sanders “is conversing and in good spirits,” according to the campaign. He’s recovering at a Las Vegas hospital. 
Sanders tweeted on Wednesday afternoon that he was “feeling good. I’m fortunate to have good health care and great doctors and nurses helping me to recover.”

I had two stents inserted in a coronary artery in July 2018. It started with a lot more than "chest discomfort" that was more akin to an elephant sitting on my chest and my pulse rate dropped to 24.

Did Bernie Sanders have a heart attack?  This is discussed at Slate.com.

Although I came out fine after the procedure, it still took me a little over two months to feel more like normal. I suspect that Sanders will experience pretty much the same, or it may take him longer to fully bounce back given his age. Since I experienced the same thing, I can empathize and sympathize with Sanders and wish him a full recovery (he'll probably have to take similar medications for the rest of his life like I do).

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog