"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Aunt Gloria, R.I.P.

Above, Aunt "Glo" received many Dodgers gifts on her 86th birthday. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I saw the caller i.d. this morning at 6:42, I immediately knew that the call with the news I've been dreading to hear was forthcoming.

It was my cousin Maria in Wildomar, California and she broke the news that her mom, my Aunt Gloria, had passed away at 89. Although the news was expected for the past several days, it was still upsetting to hear. It took me to now to muster enough to write this.

She had been in declining health for the past couple of years and she wasn't expected to make it to her birthday last October. But she did, and she looked better than I expected last Christmas. But, knowing that it may be her last Christmas, I made it a special point to go to California.

Above, Christmas Day 2016.

She was the youngest of my dad's family and was the most fortunate, longevity-wise, of her brothers and sisters. She epitomized "The Last of the Mohicans". She was an avid Dodgers fan.

When I was growing up in Los Angeles, my aunt and cousins lived up the driveway from us and she was like a second mom to me. Jessica, my ex-roommate said this of her this morning, "She was a nice and caring woman! I'm sooo glad I met her!" That's the general of everyone who were fortunate to meet her.

She leaves behind four daughters, several grandchildren and great-grandchildren along with many nieces and nephews.

She will be missed.

No comments:

Search This Blog